|2||Package||Frozen Coconut Milk (defrosted)|
- In a sauce pot combine defrosted coconut milk, sugar, lemon extract and 2 cups water.
- Place on stove and cook on medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and 1 cup warm water to make a slurry.
- When the coconut mixture comes to a boil, stir slurry in briskly.
- Reduce to med-low heat. Cook for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour into pan.
- Immediately cover with plastic wrap. Make sure it is touching the haupia completely.
- Refrigerate at least 3-4 hours - overnight is best.
- Cut into 2” squares. Arrange on platter. Garnish with Toasted Coconut, Fresh Fruit and enjoy.
For a creamier haupia, replace 1 cup of water with 1 cup of whole milk.
Or try a Lilikoi Swirled Haupia: Reserve 1 cup of hot haupia and mix 2 oz of Passion Fruit Juice Base. Randomly drop over hot haupia. Use a small pairing knife to swirl in a circular motion. Store covered with plastic wrap as previously mentioned.