Quick and Easy Tiramisu
|1||Cup||heavy whipping cream|
|1||each||butter pound cake|
- Bring mascarpone cheese to room temperature.
- You may heat in the microwave in 30 second increments until it is soft.
- Do not over heat.
- Combine the 1/2 cup sugar and yolks and heat over a double broiler until sugar is completely melted.
- Whip to ribbon stage- light yellow and at least double in volume.
- Combine the instant coffee and the hot coffee together and dissolve completely.
- Blend 3 Tbsp. of coffee mixture with egg mixture.
- Blend the egg mixture into the mascarpone cheese, do not over mix.
- Whip the heavy cream until it has soft peak and add to the mascarpone mixture.
- Blend until incorporated evenly, but Do Not Over Blend.
- Take the remaining coffee mixture and add the 3 Tbsp. of sugar to it, mix until dissolved.
- Slice the butter pound cake into 1/4" slices.
- Place a layer of pound cake into a 9" x 9" glass baking dish.
- Brush the pound cake with the sweetened coffee mixture.
- Pour 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture over the pound cake slices.
- Dust 1 Tbsp. of cocoa powder over the mascarpone.
- Repeat this process 2 more times ending with the mascarpone mixture.
- Dust the top with cocoa powder.
- Chill until ready to serve.