Garlic Whole Roasted Chicken
|2||Tablespoon||crushed red pepper|
|1||Teaspoon||dry oregano or thyme|
|1||each||small onion, chopped|
|1||each||lemon, cut into wedges|
| ||Each||salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Combine the garlic, parsley, red pepper, oregano, salt and onion un a food processor and puree.
- With the machine running, add the olive oil through the feed tube and process until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the packaging, discard the innards, and rinse.
- Wipe completely dry.
- Stuff the chicken cavity with the lemon, and season the cavity generously with salt and pepper.
- Rub the garlic paste all over the chicken and slide any extra between the skin and into the cavity.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan, breast side up, into the oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 350° and roast for 25 more minutes.
- Roast until the juices run clear.
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- If the chicken starts to darken too quickly, cover the entire bird with foil.