Honey & Pecan Granola
|3 1⁄4||Cup||rolled whole oats|
|1 1⁄2||Cup||dried cranberries|
|1||Cup||sweetened coconut flakes|
|1 1⁄2||Teaspoon||vanilla extract|
- Granola may be eaten alone or used to make a fruit & yogurt parfait.
- Prepare a flat baking pan about 16"x 12" with wax paper and grease the sides with spray grease.
- Combine all the dry ingredients except the almonds into a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment.
- Combine the honey, oil and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Add the honey mixture into the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until well incorporated.
- Add in the sliced almonds and mix until just incorporated in.
- Do not over mix or the almonds will bread up.
- Pour the granola onto the baking sheet and press firmly into the sheet pan.
- Bake at 300° for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Crumble into bite size pieces.