Caramel Pecan Brownies
|1||box||Betty Crocker Super Moist German Chocolate Cake Mix, 18.25 oz.|
|10||Ounce||Werther's originals individually wrapped caramels|
|3⁄4||Cup||Nestle chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- spray a 9"x9" square cake pan with non-stick coating.
- Combine the cake mix, melted butter and 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Mix well and pour 2/3 of the mixture into the prepared cake pan and spread evenly.
- Evenly distribute the chopped pecans over the cake batter and press into the mix.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- In a saucepan combine the unwrapped caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Completely melt caramel on low heat until mixture is smooth.
- Pour over the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the caramel and spoon the remaining cake mix onto the chips.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Cut and serve plain, with whipped cream topping or vanilla ice cream.