|2 3⁄4||Cup||brown sugar, firmly packed|
|5||Cup||all purpose flour|
|3 3⁄4||Cup||chocolate chips|
|1 1⁄2||Gallon||chocolate ice cream or your choice|
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together in an electric mixer with a paddle attachment until smooth, light and fluffy.
- Add in 2 eggs and blend on low speed until incorporated.
- Blend on low speed until incorporated.
- Scrape down the bowl.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add into the butter/egg mixture and blend until just incorporated.
- Add in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Blend until just incorporated.
- Portion with a 1/2 cup measuring cup dusted with flour.
- Bake on a flat baking sheet, 2" apart to allow for spreading during the baking process.
- Bake at 325° for about 10 minutes.
- Turn baking pan around.
- Continue to bake for another 6-8 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 45 minutes.
- Place the cookies in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Portion the ice cream by pressing it into a 1/2 cup measuring cup.
- Release the ice cream by quickly dipping the measuring cup in hot water.
- Turn out onto one of the cookies and place another on top.
- Gently press together and return to the freezer.
- Repeat this process for all 12 sets of sandwiches.
- Store in air tight freezer proof container.
- May be stored up to 7 days.
Scrape down the bowl and add in 2 more eggs and the vanilla.