Grilled Pork Chops with Orange & Maui Onion Marmalade
|Recipe Categories||Pork |
|4||each||pork chops, 1" thick|
Orange & Maui Onion Marmalade
|3||each||large Maui onions, thinly sliced|
|1||Cup||orange juice concentrate|
|1⁄2||Cup||light brown sugar|
|1⁄2||Teaspoon||Chinese 5 spice|
| ||each||Salt & pepper to taste|
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except pork chops. Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Place pork chops in brine and refrigerate for at least 8 hours (overnight is best).
- Remove pork chops from brine and rinse lightly.
- Preheat the grill.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes on low to medium heat until done. Low grilling heat is necessary because sugar content in the brine will cause the chops to scorch over high heat.
- Serve with Orange & Maui Onion Marmalade.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large, heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Add the onions and sauté for about 2 minutes until the onions start to soften.
- Add the orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, cinnamon stick and 5 Spice.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick and syrupy, about 45 minutes.
- Season to taste.