Asparagus with Bacon, Tomatoes and Spring Onions
|4||Slice||organic bacon, cut into 1/4" strips|
|1⁄2||Cup||baby spring onions or pearl onions, peeled, cleaned and blanched for 3 minutes|
|1||Bunch||tender spring asparagus, thick stem removed and cut into 2" pieces|
|1⁄4||Cup||organic chicken broth|
|1⁄2||Cup||baby grape tomatoes or one vine ripened tomato, cut into 1/2" pieces|
|1||Tablespoon||sherry or rice wine vinegar|
| ||Each||salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- In a medium sauté‚ pan, heat on medium high, cook the bacon until the fat renders out and it becomes lightly crisp.
- Add in the spring onions and allow them to start to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Toss in the asparagus and add the chicken broth.
- When the chicken broth has reduced down to almost dry, add in the tomatoes.
- Finish with the vinegar, salt and pepper.