|1||Package||Fleischmann's ActiveDry Yeast (1/4 oz.)|
|1⁄4||Cup||melted butter or margarine|
|1||Quart||vegetable oil (for frying)|
- Dissolve yeast, sugar and water and set aside.
- Beat eggs. Measure flour into mixing bowl and add salt.
- Make a well in the flour, pour yeast mixture, eggs and other ingredients.
- Beat in circular motion until the dough is soft. Cover, let raise until double. Turn dough over but do not punch down. Cover and let raise again.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees and drop dough by teaspoon full into oil and cook until brown.
- Toss with sugar. Best when hot.
If the malasadas have a tendency to come out with the center still doughy, turn the heat down on the oil which will allow them to cook longer.