Herb Roasted Striploin
|Recipe Categories||Beef |
|1||each||Beef Striploin Roast or Standing Rib Roast (4-5 lb.)|
|1||Tablespoon||coarse ground peppercorns|
|2||Tablespoon||coarse kosher salt or crushed Hawaiian salt|
|1||Tablespoon||fresh thyme, chopped|
|1||Tablespoon||fresh rosemary, chopped|
|1||Tablespoon||fresh parsley, chopped|
- Trim the fat of the roast to a thickness of 1/8 inch. Tie if necessary.
- Mix all of the ingredients with the olive oil and coat the rib evenly.
- Marinate for at least 8 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow it to sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Pre-heat oven to 450°.
- Place the meat in a roasting pan that will allow for 2 inches on each side.
- Place the rib in the center rack of the oven.
- Roast the beef for 20 minutes and lower the temperature to 325°.
- Roast at 325° until a thermometer inserted into the center of the meat reaches 110°.
- Transfer the beef to a platter and loosely cover with foil.
- Allow to rest for 25-30 minutes then serve.