|Recipe Categories||Pork |
|2 1⁄2||Pound||pork loin, boned (up to 3 1/2 lb.)|
|8||Clove||garlic, peeled and halved lengthwise|
- Preheat the oven to 500° F.
- Place a large roasting pan on top of the 2 burners, over medium-high heat. Add oil to coat the bottom of the pan and heat.
- Season the pork loin evenly with salt and pepper.
- Place the loin in the roasting pan and sear on all sides until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- In a food processor combine the garlic, rosemary, sage, and thyme. Process until smooth.
- Continue to process while slowly adding enough oil to make the mixture a good, spreadable consistency.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Remove pork from the heat and carefully but liberally rub the garlic-herb mixture all over the pork loin.
- Place the coated pork loin back into the pan and roast in the oven until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers an internal temperature of 140° F, approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- Five minutes before removing the roast from the oven, evenly spread the glaze from the bottom of the pan over the top of roast.
- Remove from the oven and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before carving. Glaze from pan can also be used as a sauce.
To plate: Plate sliced pork loin and drizzle glaze from roasting pan around pork slices. Garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme.