Spinach Artichoke Dip
|1||Cup||fresh spinach (lightly wiled in hot water) or frozen spinach (thawed), chopped in small pieces|
|5||Ounce||jar of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped in small pieces|
|5||Ounce||can of sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped|
|1||each||La Brea rosemary boule|
| ||Each||olive oil, as needed|
| ||Each||kosher salt, as needed|
| ||Each||black pepper, as needed|
- Chop spinach and squeeze the spinach with your hands to wring out all remaining moisture.
- If you are using frozen spinach, thaw spinach completely then chop and allow all water to drain from product.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and ranch mix in a bowl.
- fold in the chopped spinach, artichoke hearts, water chestnuts and the carrots until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Cut the top off the rosemary boule.
- Cut around the outer crust not all the way through the bottom and then pull the inside of the bread out creating the bread bowl.
- Reserve the top for presentation.
- Brush the inside of the bread loaf with olive oil and bake on sheet at 350° for 15 minutes or until brown and crispy on the interior of the loaf.
- Pull apart the inside of the loaf into 2" pieces.
- Lightly coat with olive oil and spread out evenly, not overlapping on baking sheet.
- Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Reserve toasted pieces at room temperature for service.
- These can be warmed prior to service.
- Fill bread bowl with the dip and arrange on platter surrounded by toasted bread pieces.
- Place the top of the loaf off center and lean against the outside of the loaf.
- This dip can be served warm or cold.