Roy’s Asian Style Cioppino
|3||piece(s)||green onions, chopped|
|1||each||1 inch piece of ginger, crushed|
|2||piece(s)||Kaffir lime leaves|
|1||each||fresh chili pepper (optional)|
|1⁄4||Pound||crab legs or whole crabs|
|1⁄2||Pound||large shrimp, peeled|
|10||piece(s)||mussels, divided and in the shell|
|12||each||whole Thai basil leaves, no stem|
|20||piece(s)||cilantro leaves, no stem|
- In a large sauce pot sauté the onion, green onions and garlic in sesame oil.
- Deglaze the onions with sake after translucent.
- Add clam juice, tomatoes, lemongrass, ginger, kaffir lime leaves, chili pepper and fish sauce.
- On medium heat slowly stew all of the ingredients until approximately reduced by one fourth.
- Add in the seafood before it’s ready to serve. First the clams and crab.
- Cover and wait for 2 minutes then finish with the remaining seafood and cover for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with fresh Thai basil leaves and fresh cilantro leaves to garnish.
- Serve family style.