Braciola – Stuffed Beef Roll
|Recipe Categories||Beef |
|1||Pound||sirloin tip or top round steak|
|1||Pound||hot italian sausage, casing removed|
|1⁄2||Cup||Mozzarella cheese, shredded|
|1⁄2||Cup||asiago cheese, shredded or grated|
|1||Tablespoon||Italian herb seasoning|
|1||each||26 oz. bottle prepared tomato pasta sauce|
|1||each||14 oz. can chicken broth|
|10||leaf||fresh basil, chopped|
- Pound steak until about ¼” thick.
- Cut into two pieces. Salt and pepper each side.
- Spoon half of the Cheese Filling down the center of beef.
- Roll beef around filling like a jelly roll. Tie with string to secure.
- Repeat with remaining beef and filling.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan and brown beef rolls.
- Combine all above ingredients, mix well and reserve.
- Add all Tomato Sauce ingredients to large sauce pan with beef rolls.
- Turn heat to low and braise 3-4 hours until beef is tender and filling is cooked through.
- Remove beef rolls from sauce.
- Let beef cool 10 minutes, then slice and serve with Tomato Sauce.