Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
|2||Cup||cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1||Cup||jalapeno, pickled and chopped|
- Prepare two 8x8 cake pan with spray grease and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Combine the Bisquick, cornmeal, sugar and salt together in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
- In another bowl combine the milk, oil, eggs, cheese and jalapeno together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient and blend until just combined.
- Pour the cornbread into the prepared pan and spread even.
- Reduce the oven to 350° and bake in the center of the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Gently touch the center of the bread or insert a wooden skewer into the center of the bread to check for doneness.
- If the center is soft continue to bake for 5 minutes.
- Check doneness the same way.
- If the skewer comes out clean or the center is firm remove from the oven.
- Serve immediately with melted butter or cool completely.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and store in a refrigerator until needed.