Deconstructed Ahi California Roll
|1 1⁄2||Cup||cooked calrose rice|
Ahi Crab Salad
|4||Ounce||Sashimi Grade Ahi (about 1/4 pound of ahi tuna filet)|
|1⁄2||Cup||Lump Blue Crab meat, Alaskan King Crab or imitation crab meat|
|4||Tablespoon||fine sliced scallions|
|1⁄4||Cup||Japanese cucumber, peeled (regular cucumber may be substituted)|
|4||each||grinds McCormick Sea Salt from grinder|
|3||Teaspoon||La Choy soy sauce|
|2||Tablespoon||Wesson Canola Oil|
|1||Teaspoon||toasted sesame seeds|
|2||each||grinds McCormick Sea Salt from grinder|
|5||Pinch||fresh radish sprouts|
|5||Teaspoon||finely sliced scallions|
|5||Teaspoon||shredded Nori (take a sheet of nori and cut fine shreds)|
- When the rice is just cooked and still warm, add the sugar and vinegar. Mix well and let cool.
Ahi Crab Salad
- Heat a non stick pan on high. When hot, place one Tablespoon Wesson oil in pan and place the ahi steaks in the pan.
- Sear them for 30-40 seconds on one side, making sure the ahi stays rare. Remove and cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and lightly mix.
- When the ahi is cool, dice it into 1/2 inch cubes and gently fold into the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine the mayo, Sriracha sauce, salt and vinegar, and chill.
- On an appetizer plate, place 1/4 cup of rice in a ring mold. Form it and allow to set.
- Take 1/2 cup of the Ahi/Crab Salad and form into the ring on top of the rice.
- Gently remove the ring. Drizzle the sriracha mayonnaise around the ahi salad.
- Garnish with radish sprouts, nori, and scallions. Serve immediately.