Hawaiian Hearts of Palm with Citrus and Alaskan King Crab
|1||each||tangerine, peeled and pitted|
|1||each||ruby red grapefruit, peeled and pitted|
|2||Tablespoon||fresh tangerine and/or grapefruit juice|
|1||Teaspoon||fresh lemon juice|
|1⁄3||Cup||olive oil/vegetable oil blend (50/50) mix|
| ||each||salt to taste|
| ||each||freshly ground pepper to taste|
|1||Pound||Alaskan king crab meat, cartilage and shells removed|
|14||Ounce||fresh hearts of palm sliced crosswise, 1/16th inch|
- Over a bowl, segment the tangerine and grapefruit, catching any juice for the vinaigrette. Place segments in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the tangerine/grapefruit juice, Champagne vinegar, lemon juice, and zest.
- Whisking, add oil in a steady stream until white.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crab meat and chives. Add enough vinaigrette to lightly coat and toss gently.
- Peel away outer layer of hearts of palm to the tender white inner core.
- Slice and add the hearts of palm to the bowl with the tangerine segments.
- Add enough vinaigrette to lightly coat and toss well.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates.
- Place the crab meat in the center of each plate and arrange the hearts of palm and tangerine segments around the edges.
- Lightly drizzle the plate with the vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.