Fresh Asparagus and Wild Mushroom with Sesame and Nicoise Olives
|1||Pound||assorted wild mushrooms, stems removed and cut into quarters (fresh shiitakes, Ali‘i, oysters, portabella, crimini)|
|2||Clove||garlic cloves, peeled and sliced paper thin|
|1||each||splash Madeira or dry white wine|
|1||Bunch||pencil asparagus, cut in 2 inch segments, blanched|
|1||Cup||nicoise olives, pitted and chopped|
|1||Teaspoon||sesame seeds, toasted|
|1||Teaspoon||fresh thyme leaves|
| ||each||salt and pepper to taste|
- Heat the olive oil until it begins to smoke.
- Add in the mushrooms and wait 10 seconds before tossing.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the sliced garlic and deglaze the pan with a splash of the wine.
- Add the asparagus and heat through.
- Add in the olives, sesame seeds, thyme, and season to taste.