Chocolate Pumpkin Swirl Pound Cake
|1||Can||Pumpkin (29 oz.)|
|4 1⁄2||Cup||All Purpose Flour|
|2||Teaspoon||imitation vanilla extract|
|2 1⁄2||Cup||cake flour|
|1||Teaspoon||imitation vanilla extract|
- Combine 1 can (29 oz.) pumpkin and 1 cup of brown sugar with the spices (2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves) and blend well.
- Refrigerate. Mixture can be refrigerated for up to a week.
Chocolate Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325˚.
- Grease the 6 loaf pans (9" x 5" x 3") and set aside.
- Sift together 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, 1 cup of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup of milk, 2 cups of pumpkin mixture, 2 teaspoons of imitation vanilla extract and set aside.
- Combine 4 1/2 cups of sugar and 1 1/2 lbs. of butter together in a 5-quart mixing bowl with a paddle attachment and beat on medium speed for 4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add 10 eggs, one at a time, beating on low for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the bowl after every 2 eggs.
- Stop machine and add in half of the dry ingredients with half of the pumpkin mixture.
- Blend on low for 30 seconds and repeat process until all the ingredients have been added into the mixing bowl.
- Blend for another minute.
- Remove bowl from the machine and scrape it down.
- Mix by hand with a rubber spatula until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Set aside.
Chocolate Pound Cake
- Sift together 2 1/2 cups of flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and set aside.
- Combine 2 cups of pumpkin mixture and 1 teaspoon of imitation vanilla extract into a bowl and set aside.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of sugar and 1/2 lb. of butter together in a 5-quart mixing bowl.
- Follow the chocolate pound cake mixing procedures by adding 3 eggs, one at a time.
- When pumpkin pound cake batter is complete, place batter into a pastry bag.
- Take the chocolate pound cake batter and fill each loaf pan about half full.
- Using pastry bag, pipe the pumpkin pound cake batter in a circular motion into the center of each loaf pan.
- Place pans into oven on the center rack.
- Bake for about 22 minutes, then check for doneness by inserting a clean paring knife into the center of the cake.
- If knife does not come out clean, bake for an additional 5 minutes.