|1||stick||unsalted butter, room temperature (8 tablespoons)|
|2||each||large local eggs|
|3||each||very ripe local bananas|
|1||Tablespoon||Gran Marnier or triple sec (optional)|
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Mix in the vanilla, Gran Marnier and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and walnuts.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.