It's been 15 years since Foodland’s Give Aloha  Annual Community Matching Gifts program began. How exciting it must have been, in 1998, when the then marketing team brainstormed ideas on how to honor our late founder, Sully. A program to support the community was the logical choice as Sully was not only known for his support of local non-profits, but he had always instilled in us that we “have a responsibility to support the community that supports us.”
In that first year alone, we raised a total of $1.042 million for the community. Customers loved giving to the organizations they cared about, non-profits raised much needed funds, and we were able to honor Sully while supporting the community that had helped Foodland become successful.
Last year, more than $1.9 million was raised, supporting more than 650 Hawaii non-profit organizations.
Fifteen years later, Give Aloha  is one of the most anticipated programs for the many organizations who benefit from the generosity of our loyal customers, the Western Union Foundation, and Foodland. Here are some reasons on why you should consider supporting your favorite non-profit through Give Aloha  this year.
• There are 694 organizations  from which to choose and they span our state.
• There is no minimum to the amount you can give – even your spare change can help.
• These are challenging times and more than ever, these organizations that provide vital service to our community need your support.
• Donating is simple  – you just add it to your grocery bill at checkout.
• Foodland will match a portion of every customer gift; that means that your gift becomes larger when you donate through Give Aloha.
I’d love to hear the reasons why so many of you love Give Aloha and how your favorite organizations have benefitted from the program. A big Mahalo from all of us at Foodland for making Give Aloha a program about which we – and Sully – can be very proud! So let’s all Give Aloha and make Hawaii a better place.
Give Aloha 2013 Total:
has been raised as of September 29, 2013.
For more details on the program click here .