Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham
|Recipe Categories||Pork |
|2⁄3||Cup||bourbon or whiskey|
|1||each||5 lbs. whole bone-in smoked ham, fully cooked, unsliced|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, heat bourbon, honey, molasses, marmalade and mustard over low heat for 15 minutes or until reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife, cut a diamond pattern on the fatty part of the ham.
- Stud whole cloves in each diamond, at points where lines cross.
- Spread half of the bourbon glaze over the ham and roast for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Baste occasionally with remaining glaze and continue to roast for another 15 minutes.
- Let ham stand for 20 minutes before slicing.