Sweet Bread French Toast
|1||each||KING'S HAWAIIAN Sweet Bread, Round|
|1⁄2||Cup||half-and-half or milk|
| ||each||maple syrup or pancake syrup|
| ||each||fresh berries (optional)|
| ||each||powdered sugar (optional)|
- Cut the Sweet Bread round loaf lengthwise into slices approximately 1-inch thick. Feel free to cut larger slices into half to fit in your pan and set the slices aside.
- Preheat your oven to 250° F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the half-and-half (or milk), eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Place the mixture in a flat 9"x13" pan.
- Quickly dip slices in the pan (do not soak) in egg mixture, one at a time.
- Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick saute pan. Place 2 slices of egg mixture-dipped bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, turning once, approximately 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and place on a baking sheet in the oven to keep warm until all the slices are cooked. Repeat Step 5 for the remaining slices of sweet bread.
- Serve with fresh berries, sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional), and enjoy with Maple syrup or preferred pancake/coconut syrup.