Asian "Crab" Stuffed Mushrooms
A tasty, portable pupu that's great to share with friends
|1||Pound||imitation crab salad (available in our seafood dept)|
|1⁄4||Cup||dry bread crumbs|
|24||each||large mushrooms (cap size about 2" across), stems removed|
|Each||grated parmesan, as needed|
|Each||lemon juice, for serving|
|Each||green onions, sliced, for serving|
- Butter a 10" x 15" baking dish.
- combine the eggs, crab salad and bread crumbs.
- Mix gently.
- Stuff mushroom caps with crab mixture.
- Mound mixture in center of cap and press gently to adhere.
- Sprinkle each mushroom with grated parmesan cheese.
- Arrange stuffed mushrooms in prepared dish.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°.
- Bake until mushrooms begin to release juices, about 18 minutes.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, and sliced green onions.
- Serve hot.
- Mushrooms can be made 1 day ahead.
- Cover and refrigerate.