A sweet, warm, and comforting way to celebrate apple season
|1 1⁄2||Teaspoon||pecans or walnuts, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut the top off each apple and then core and seed them, but do not cut to the bottom of the apple.
- Mix the brown sugar, nuts, raisins and cranberries and fill each
- Put one cinnamon stick in each and put a tablespoon of butter on top of the apples.
- Place filled apples in a buttered baking pan and add cranberry juice to the bottom of pan.
- Bake until apples are tender and soft, basting occasionally for about 35-40 minutes.
- Serve as soon as they come out of the oven with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.