Baked Stuffed Lobster Tails
Elegant and delicious
|Recipe Categories||Fish & Seafood|
|2||each||lobster tails in shell|
|1||Cup||crushed Ritz crackers, about 15|
|1⁄2||Pound||Blue crabmeat, picked over shells and cartilage|
|1||Tablespoon||fresh parsley leaves, chopped|
|1||Teaspoon||fresh tarragon leaves, chopped|
|1⁄4||Teaspoon||freshly ground white pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Defrost the frozen lobster tails, and with the point of a chef knife, split the tail in two even halves.
- Place the halves on a sheet pan with the flesh side up.
- In a mixing bowl combine the crushed crackers, crabmeat, 1/3 cup of the butter, parsley, tarragon, mayonnaise, egg yolk, lemon zest, Tabasco and worchestershire sauce and toss to combine.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and white pepper.
- Divide the stuffing evenly among the 4 lobster tail halves, covering the tail flesh and building up the meat evenly.
- Drizzle the 4 halves with the remaining butter and bake the lobster tails until the filling is golden brown on top and the lobsters are heated through and thoroughly cooked, about 10-12 minutes.
- The temperature on an instant read thermometer inserted into the lobster meat should register 145°.
- Serve with butter and lemon slices.