Bleu Cheese Bacon Burger
A fresh take on the Classic American Burger
|3⁄4||Cup||bleu cheese crumbles|
|8||Slice||thick-cut, applewood-smoked bacon (or your favorite bacon), cooked|
|each||Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste|
|4||Each||Kaiser rolls, lightly toasted|
|8||Slice||Vine-ripened Hamakua Tomato|
|each||Dijon Mustard or Dijonaise|
|1 1⁄2||Pound||80/20 local ground beef|
- Shape 4 patties with your hands, making them just larger than the diameter of the buns.
- Cover with plastic and set aside in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper and place on hot grill.
- Cook for 3 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Place hot on toasted Kaiser roll. (Spread mustard on ahead of time.)
- Layer with two slices of warm bacon, sprinkle with bleu cheese, then layer with lettuce, tomato and onion.
Serve with BBQ sauce or avocado on the side.