A simple and delicious side dish!
|1⁄2||Pound||bacon, diced 1/2"|
|2||Pound||kale, thick stems removed, washed and cut into 2" sections|
|3||Cup||white beans, canned|
|1||Pinch||salt and pepper to taste|
|1||Dash||extra virgin olive oil|
|1||each||zest of one lemon|
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, sweat the bacon until the fat starts to render.
- Add in the onion and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add in the kale and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the broth and simmer until the kale is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add in the beans and season with salt and pepper.
- When serving, transfer to a platter, drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and grate fresh lemon zest over the top.