Chicken Long Rice
A local favorite that comforts the soul and brings back fond memories!
|6||Slice||1/4-inch-thick piece of ginger, smashed|
|2||Clove||garlic, peeled and smashed|
|3⁄4||Pound||bone-in chicken thighs|
|4||Ounce||bean thread (cellophane) noodles|
|6||stalk||green onion, cut into ½ inch slices|
|each||Shoyu as needed|
|each||Chili pepper water as needed|
- Combine ginger, garlic with stock in a heavy saucepan.
- Wash and drain chicken thighs and add to stock mixture with salt. Simmer, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Skim through out the cooking process.
- Transfer chicken with a slotted spoon to a cutting board and cool.
- Shred meat into 1/4-inch-thick pieces, discard the skin and bones.
- Stir noodles into broth and simmer, uncovered, until noodles are translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Stir green onions into broth along with chicken. Adjust seasoning with shoyu and chilipepper water.
This dish is great for using the left over carcass of a roasted chicken. Follow instructions replacing the thigh for the carcass. You can also use thigh meat and a carcass to get more flavor into the broth.