Chilled Tomato Basil Soup
Refreshing and full of flavor. A perfect starter.
|Recipe Categories||Soups & Stews|
|4||each||whole ripe red tomatoes, about 4 oz. each, quartered|
|2||Teaspoon||garlic, minced, stem removed, and no inner green parts|
|Each||salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||Tablespoon||fresh basil, thinly sliced|
|Each||cooked bay shrimp (optional)|
Serving Suggestions: Crostini
|1||each||baguette or French bread, sliced 1/2" on a bias|
|Each||extra virgin olive oil, as needed|
|Each||sea salt, to taste|
|1||each||garlic clove, peeled|
- Puree the tomatoes and garlic.
- Slowly add in the olive oil.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until very cold.
- Serve in a chilled bowl and garnish with the basil and shrimp.
- Lightly brush the bread slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Toast in the oven at 400° until lightly golden.
- When cool to touch, rub the slices with the garlic clove.