Comfort food at its best!
- Heat the milk to scalding.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Remove the milk from the heat and add in the chopped chocolate.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Combine the sugar and cocoa powder together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla; blend well.
- Set aside.
- Cut the baguette into 1" cubes.
- Prepare a 12 cavity muffin pan with spray grease.
- Fill each muffin cup with the diced bread until it fills the cup.
- Let the liquid soak into the bread then gently push the bread down into the custard to help it along.
- Add more custard if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Place an oven proof pan with a 1" high rim into the oven and fill half way with hot water.
- Lightly spray grease over the top of the bread puddings and cover with tin foil.
- Carefully put the muffin pan into the water and bake for 40 minutes.
- Check the doneness by gently removing part of the tin foil to see if the custard has set.
- If the custard is still runny then return the tin foil and continue baking until the custard has set.
- About 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the muffin pan from the hot water and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Place bread pudding into the refrigerator to chill completely.
- Remove the bread puddings by gently running a thin spatula or knife around the side of each pudding.
- Remove from the cup by turning the pan over.
- Serve with vanilla or raspberry sauce.