Sweet and chewy treats to share with friends and family!
|1⁄3||Cup||packed light brown sugar|
|1⁄4||Cup||macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped|
|6||Tablespoon||cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces|
|4||Tablespoon||unsalted butter melted|
|1⁄2||Cup||packed light brown sugar|
|1⁄3||Cup||light corn syrup|
|1||Tablespoon||bourbon or dark rum|
|1||each||large egg, lightly beaten|
|1 3⁄4||Cup||macadamia nuts, toasted, chopped coarse|
|6||Ounce||coarsely chopped semi sweet chocolate chips|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8×8 square baking pan with foil making sure there is some overhang (so you can lift out the bars to cut them). Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Put the flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, and macadamia nuts in a food processor. Pulse the mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal, then add the cold butter and pulse until the butter is incorporated but you still see little pearl pieces of butter in the mix.
- Pat the mixture into the pan and bake the crust for 20 minutes, until golden.
- While the crust is baking, mix up the filling. Making sure the butter is melted but not hot, combine the ingredients evenly.
- When the crust is done, pour the filling over the warm crust. Make sure the mix is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool the bars in the pan for 1 hour.
- Lift the bars out of the pan and cut into bars. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top as desired.