Chocolate Macadamia Nut Caramel Bar
A bar to die for!
|1 3⁄4||Cup||Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow cake mix|
Macadamia Nut Caramel
|2||Cup||Hawaiian Host Honey glazed Macadamia Nuts, whole|
|1||Cup||Nestle chocolate chips|
|1||each||Cool Whip whipped topping, 12 oz. tub|
|1||bag||Hawaiian Host Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts, chopped|
- Melt the butter completely.
- Combine melted butter with cake mix.
- Prepare a 9" x 13" rectangular cake pan with spray grease.
- Crumble the dough evenly onto the cake pan.
- Press it into the cake pan to create an even crust.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- About 1 hour.
Macadamia Nut Caramel
- Combine the sugar and lemon juice into a sauce pan.
- Blend the lemon juice into the sugar well.
- Stirring constantly, heat the sugar over high heat until it begins to caramelize.
- Cook until the sugar is golden caramel color.
- Carefully add in the heavy cream.
- Be cautious of the steam.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add in the butter and stir until completely incorporated.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in the Hawaiian Host Honey Glazed Macadamia Nuts and mix well.
- Pour the macadamia nut caramel onto the macadamia nut crust and spread evenly.
- Chill for 1 hour or until completely set.
- combine 1 cup milk with the sugar into a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- In a bowl combine the remaining cup of milk with the cornstarch; blend well.
- Add in the egg to the bowl; blend well.
- Add the ingredients from the bowl to the boiling milk and stir constantly until consistency is thick.
- About 1 minute.
- add in the chocolate chips and butter and blend well.
- Pour over macadamia nut caramel and chill for 1 hour or until completely set.
- Carefully remove the bar from the cake pan by running a knife around the edges of the cake pan to release the crust and caramel.
- Place a piece of wax paper on top of the chocolate pudding and flip it over onto a cutting board.
- Carefully remove the cake pan from the bar.
- Place a serving platter onto top of the crust and flip the bars over onto the serving platter.
- Top with whipped topping and garnish with whole Hawaiian Host Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts.
- Cut into 12 pieces and serve or refrigerate until needed.