A fresh and fragrant dessert great to share anytime of the year!
|4||Cup||heavy cream, or a combination of cream with milk or buttermilk|
|6||strip||wide strips fresh orange peel (orange part only, no white pith)|
|1⁄2||each||vanilla bean, split lengthwise, scraped|
| ||each||Semisweet chocolate curls, for garnish (optional)|
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let soak 10 minutes (do not stir).
- Meanwhile, heat cream, sugar, orange over medium heat, stirring occasionally, to dissolve the sugar. As soon as it simmers, turn off the heat and add the gelatin mixture, stirring to dissolve the gelatin. If the gelatin doesn’t completely dissolve in 3 minutes, return to the heat and warm gently until dissolved.
- Strain mixture into a pitcher to remove vanilla bean and orange rind.
- Pour the mixture into 6-8 ramekins or dessert cups, or into one large dish. Chill, uncovered, at least 3 hours or until firm.
- To unmold, dip the cups in hot water for 10 seconds, then turn the panna cotta out onto dessert plates or simply serve in the cups or by the spoonful.
- Shave some chocolate curls onto the top of the panna cotta and serve with orange supremes.