Cold Ginger Chicken
This favorite Chinese dish is as easy as sauce, chicken, and eating!
|1⁄4||Cup||peanut, vegetable, or corn oil|
|1⁄2||Cup||ginger, finely chopped|
|1⁄2||Cup||green onions, finely minced|
- Place the chicken in a covered stock pot filled with enough water to cover the chicken.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the chicken stand in the cooking liquid until just warm (about another 25 minutes).
- Rinse the chicken under cold water, pat dry, and rub lightly with sesame oil.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and arrange neatly on a platter.
- Refrigerate until the chicken is cold.
- Heat the peanut/vegetable/corn oil in a small saucepan. Once it is hot, add the ginger and green onions.
- Cook for about 30 seconds, then add the salt.
- Pour the hot sauce over the cold chicken and serve.