A hearty and delicious cornbread to share for the holidays with a local touch!
|1||each||12 oz Portuguese sausage, diced into ½ inch pieces|
|1||each||onion, diced 1/8 inch|
|2||each||large celery ribs, diced 1/8 inch|
|1||Cup||green onions, sliced|
|1||Can||water chestnuts, chopped|
|1||each||9x13 pan cornbread, diced ½ inch and toasted|
|3||Cup||turkey broth or chicken broth|
| ||each||salt and pepper|
- Preheat oven at 350°.
- In a medium sauté pan, sweat bacon, Portuguese sausage, and ground pork.
- When cooked through, add in onion and celery. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in parsley, green onions, water chestnuts, and poultry seasoning.
- Add cooked ingredients (fat and all) to the cornbread and fold.
- Moisten with butter and broth to taste, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place in an oven proof pan and bake for 45 minutes covered.