Crispy Gau Gee
Crispy Gau Gee is a fun-to-make delicious local favorite that's great to share at your next potluck or family gathering!
|1⁄4||Cup||chopped green onion|
|1||Can||sliced Water chestnuts drained, chopped|
|1⁄4||Pound||fresh raw Shrimp, peeled and devained, chopped fine|
|1||piece(s)||thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped fine|
|2||Clove||garlic, peeled and minced|
|48||each||Won Ton wrappers|
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients except the won-ton wrappers. Mix well.
- When done, lay out won-ton wrappers in batches of 12 and fill each with one rounded tablespoon of mixed Pork Hash in center of each wrapper.
- Using water and a moistened finger, wet edges of won-ton, fold in half and press edges to seal. Finish all 48 wrappers.
- Heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees and deep fry until won-tons are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with shoyu-mustard sauce.