A rich and delicious caramel flavored cake
|Recipe Categories||Cakes |
|1||box||yellow cake mix, 18.25 oz.|
|1||each||sweetened condensed milk (14 oz. can)|
|1⁄3||Cup||caramel ice cream topping|
|2||Cup||heavy whipping cream|
|1⁄3||Cup||almonds, sliced & toasted|
- Prepare the yellow cake mix according to the directions on the box for a 13" x 9" pan.
- Bake the cake completely for at least 1 hour.
- Place the sweetened condensed milk into a microwave-proof container.
- Microwave on medium power for 4 minutes; stirring after 2 minutes.
- Reduce the microwave power to medium-low and heat for 16-24 minutes stirring with a whisk every 2-3 minutes, or until thick and a light caramel color.
- Stir in caramel topping.
- Stir for 15 minutes.
- Spread evenly over the cake and cool completely.
- Whip the heavy cream with the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Spread an even layer over the cake and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Slive the cake using a sharp knife dipped in hot water.
- Plate each slice on a 9" dessert plate with mango or raspberry coulis.