A tasty dish packed with flavor
|1||each||cooked Dungeness crab cluster, 2-3 lb.|
|4||each||green onions, sliced thin|
|1||each||1" piece giner, peeled and chopped|
|2||each||garlic cloves, sliced thin|
|1||each||jalapeno, sliced thin|
|1⁄2||Cup||Chinese fermented black beans, roughly chopped|
|2||Tablespoon||water, as needed|
| ||Each||cilantro leaves, for garnish|
- If using a whole crab, then take the crab and remove the top shell.
- Rinse the shell and remove the furry gills from the body.
- Save the yellow tamale if desired.
- Cut the crab up into sections.
- The large legs and claws can be separated, and cut up the body into even pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil to medium high.
- Stir-fry the green onions, ginger, garlic and jalapeno for about 2 minutes.
- Add the black beans and fry for another minute.
- Pour in the chicken stock, bring to a boil, and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the crab pieces to heat through and let the sauce flavor the flesh.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water making sure to get out all the lumps.
- Pour this slurry into the black bean mixture (it will thicken immediately) and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Arrange crab cluster on a serving platter.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the crab and garnish with extra green onions and cilantro.