Filet and Jumbo Shrimp with Bacon-Shallot Vinaigrette
A nice Surf & Turf dish sautéed with a lovely Bacon-Shallot Vinaigrette
Beef & Shrimp
|6||each||jumbo shrimp, U-15, peeled and deveined|
|2||each||beef tenderloin medallions (3-4 oz. each)|
|2||strip||bacon, cut into thin slices|
|1||each||large shallot, peeled and sliced into thin rings (or 1/8 cup sweet onion, chopped)|
Beef & Shrimp
- Combine the garlic, thyme, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide the seasoning between the beef and shrimp.
- Marinate refrigerated for 2 hours.
- Heat a small sauté pan to medium heat.
- Add in the bacon and olive oil.
- Cook the bacon until it is crisp.
- Add in the shallots and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add in the honey and mustard and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat and swirl in the vinegar. (Be careful, since the vinegar will spatter with the oil.)
- Reserve vinaigrette.
- Heat another pan to medium heat.
- Add in 2 tablespoons olive oil and just when the oil smokes, add in the shrimp.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then toss.
- Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from pan and splash with the juice from one lemon wedge.
- Reserve shrimp on the side and keep warm.
- Re-heat the same pan and add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Again, when oil is just smoking, add in the filet.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side for medium doneness, making sure there is good color on each side.
- 17. Plate the filet, spoon on the vinaigrette, then build the shrimp onto the filet.
Optional: Sprinkle with chopped parsley and blue cheese crumbles.