Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie
Green Ice Cream & an Oreo Cookie crust, perfect for St. Patrick's Day!
|1||each||Oreo cookie crumb crust|
|1||Gallon||mint chocolate chip ice cream|
|1||container||magic shell topping|
|1||Can||aerosol whipped topping|
|each||Maraschino cherries, as desired|
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and let it soften about 30 minutes.
- Check it occasionally. The ice cream should be soft, but still moldable.
- When the ice cream is soft and moldable but not runny, scoop it out and fill it into the pie crust.
- Once all of the ice cream is in the pie crust, take a spatula and shape the ice cream into an even mound.
- Place in the freezer to firm up (4-6 hours or overnight).
- Remove the pie and make designs on it with the magic shell topping.
- Before serving, decorate with whipped topping rosettes and cherries.
Take the pie out before serving and let sit for a few minutes to make the slicing easier.