Celebrating the flavors of the islands
|1||each||ripe pineapple, peeled and eyes removed, cored, and cut into eight-3/4" rounds|
|1⁄2||Cup||packed light brown sugar|
|1⁄4||Cup||passion fruit juice concentrate|
|1||Tablespoon||fresh lime juice|
| ||Each||coconut, macadamia or vanilla ice cream|
| ||Each||crushed macadamia nut brittle or almond roca|
- Preheat the grill to medium and brush clean with a wire brush.
- In a saucepan, combine the rum, sugar, passion fruit and lime juices.
- Let the ingredients simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce until syrupy.
- Let cool.
- Place pineapple on the grill.
- Cook until lightly charred and golden, basting on both sides with the rum mixture, 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and arrange 2 slices in each of 4 shallow bowls.
- Top the pineapples with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle a spoonful of the remaining rum glaze on top.
- Sprinkle with macadamia nut brittle or almond roca.