Prepared with local Hawaii mushrooms, this Hamakua Mushroom Bruschetta is an excellent appetizer to share!
|4||Tablespoon||extra virgin olive oil|
|1||each||large shallot, minced|
|1 1⁄2||Pound||Hamakua mushrooms, chopped|
|2||Tablespoon||fresh parsley, minced|
|1||Tablespoon||fresh oregano, minced|
| ||each||salt and peper to taste|
|1⁄2||Cup||extra virgin olive oil|
|1||Clove||garlic, peeled and sliced (large clove)|
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Add shallots and garlic.
- Sauté 2-3 minutes, then stir in mushrooms and herbs.
- Cook, stirring gently until mushrooms are almost done (about 3-4 more minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice 6 slices of bread ½’’ thick, cut in half cross-wise.
- Toast bread over a hot grill or broiler.
- Brush with olive oil, then rub with garlic while still hot.
- Top with mushroom mixture and serve.