Oh so good for you -- and tasty too!
| ||Each||russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" pieces|
| ||Each||salt and ground pepper|
|2||Tablespoon||extra virgin olive oil|
|1⁄2||Cup||chicken broth, heated|
- Place the peeled potatoes in a pot with cold water and a teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- They should be easy to pierce with a fork.
- Drain them and place back into the pot over low heat until no more steam rises from the pot.
- While still hot, puree them with a food mill or potato ricer (you can also mash them if you want).
- Fold in the extra virgin oil, and hot chicken broth.
- Adjust consistency with extra broth, olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.