Hoisin Honey Barbecue Spareribs
Chef Keoni Chang shares this tasty local-style take on barbecue spareribs!
|1||each||rack pork spareribs|
|1⁄8||Cup||toasted sesame seeds|
|2||stalk||green onion, sliced|
|1 1⁄2||Cup||hoisin sauce|
|2||Tablespoon||Chinese chili sauce (Sambal Olek)|
|2||Tablespoon||orange zest, minced|
|1⁄4||Cup||salted black beans, rinsed and chopped|
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Store sauce in the refrigerator until needed.
- Rinse the pork spareribs and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub about one cup of the sauce all over the spareribs, cover it with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one day (two days is even better).
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and place the spareribs on a baking tray. Bake for 2-3 hours or until the meat is very tender when pierced with a fork.
- Turn the broiler on and begin the process of glazing the spareribs with the remaining sauce. Glazing is complete when the spareribs are lightly caramelized and charred. Be very careful at this point, as it will burn very easily.
- Once the spareribs are nicely glazed, remove from the broiler and let stand for a few minutes.
- Slice the spareribs and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions.