A delicious stuffing with flavors reminiscent of a classic Creole dish
|1||each||large onion, chopped|
|2||each||medium garlic cloves, peeled|
|1||each||large green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped|
|2||each||celery stalks, diced|
|1||Pound||hot Italian or andouille sausage, cut into 1/2" pieces|
|1 1⁄2||Pound||medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped into bite-sized pieces|
|3||Tablespoon||fresh Italian parsley, minced|
|1||Cup||green onions, sliced|
|4||Ounce||extra lean smoked ham, cut into 1/2" cubes|
|1||each||large bay leaf|
|1||each||diced tomatoes, 28 oz. can|
|1||each||tomato sauce, 8 oz. can|
|1||each||diced stuffing bread, 13 oz. bag|
- Add butter to a large nonstick saucepan.
- Over medium heat, sauté‚ onion, garlic, bell pepper and celery until onion is translucent.
- Add sausage and shrimp and sauté‚ for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add parsley, green onion, ham, bay leaf, cayenne pepper, Creole seasoning and oregano.
- cook jambalaya, stirring often, 5-6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce and 1 3/4 cup turkey broth.
- Gently simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Pour stuffing bread into the pan and stir well until the bread absorbs most of the liquid.
- Season to taste with cayenne pepper and salt.
- Place in the oven proof container and bake covered at 350° for 45 minutes.