Foodland's Top Chef Keoni Chang shows us the secret to capturing the essence of great Kahuku style Shrimp!
|10||each||shell-on U-15 (extra large) shrimp, Deveined from the back side|
|10||Clove||garlic, peeled and roughly chopped|
|1⁄2||stick||butter, cut into slices|
|each||Lemon slices as needed|
- Take cleaned shrimp and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Mix the flour, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Mix lightly with your hands and coat each piece of shrimp on both sides. The shrimp should only have a very light dusting. You are not trying to make a batter or crust.
- Heat saute pan over medium heat. Add butter and wait for it to start to foam.
- Lay the shrimp in the pan in a single layer and let the shrimp cook for 3 minutes. Sprinkle the garlic over the pan. Once the shrimp are golden on the bottom, flip over and cook 3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the shrimp and serve on rice. Pour the butter garlic mix over the shrimp and serve with lemons.