A light and delicious dessert, perfect of dinner parties and get-togethers!
|2||Cup||unsalted butter, room temperature|
|1 1⁄2||Cup||granulated suger|
|3||Cup||All Purpose Flour|
|1 1⁄2||Teaspoon||Baking Powder|
|6||each||large eggs, room temperature|
|1||Tablespoon||pure vanilla extract|
|1⁄2||Cup||fresh lemon juice|
Lemon Poppy Seed Coffee Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Prepare a large bundt pan with spray grease.
- Combine the butter and 1 ½ cups granulated sugar together in a mixing bowl with the paddle attachment. Cream together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds together in a medium bowl and blend together, using a wire whisk. Set aside.
- Combine the eggs, milk, lemon zest and vanilla together in a large measuring cup and blend well. Set aside.
- Scrape the sides of the butter/sugar mixing bowl down and add in 1/3 of the flour mixture. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add in 1/3 of the egg mixture and blend on low for 30 seconds.
- Alternate the addition of flour mixture and egg mixture, ending with the egg mixture, blending 30 seconds after every addition. Blend until the batter is well combined, but not over mixed, about 30 seconds after the last addition of egg mixture.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared bundt pan and gently tap the pan on the table to help level off the top.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- To prepare the syrup, combine the lemon juice and granulated sugar together in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the liquid for about 6 minutes or until it becomes slightly thick and syrupy.
- Apply to the coffee cake after removing it from the pan.