Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake
A classic dessert for that special Holiday Dinner!
|1||Cup||+ 2 tablespoons brown sugar|
|1||Pound||sweet, ripe pineapple, cleaned and julienned into 1" X 1/2" pieces|
|11||each||individual disposable aluminum baking cups, 4 oz. size|
|1 1⁄2||Tablespoon||baking power|
- Melt 1 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup + 2 tablespoons of brown sugar in a heavy saucepan until sugar is melted and has a smooth consistency.
- Fill aluminum disposable baking cups with 2 oz. of the sugar glaze and chill for 1 hour.
- Place pineapple on top of the glaze.
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a bowl, cream together 1 cup of butter, 2/3 cup of sugar and 2/3 cup of brown sugar until smooth.
- Add 3 eggs and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla to the creamed mixture.
- In another bowl, sift together the 1 lb. of cake flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Add dry mixture to creamed mixture, blend, then add 3/4 cup of milk.
- Scoop out cake batter into prepared baking cups until almost filled to the top.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until the cake feels firm.
- Immediately turn upside down onto your serving plate and remove baking cups.
- Serve hot with ice cream if desired.