Pad Thai with Chicken
Chef Keoni Chang shares his delicious recipe for this classic Thai dish!
|2||Tablespoon||garlic chili sauce|
|1||Teaspoon||garlic, finely minced|
|1||stalk||lemongrass, finely minced, white part only|
|each||juice from 1 lemon and 1 lime|
|1||Package||large flat rice noodles|
|1||Pound||chicken thigh meat, diced|
|2||Cup||mung bean sprouts|
|20||leaf||Thai basil leaves|
- Combine all ingredients together, mix well and set aside.
- Soak noodles in warm water until pliable, approximately 30 minutes.
- Drain and set aside, keeping noodles at room temperature.
- Using a hot wok, heat the oil just until it comes to a smoke.
- Add in chicken and stir fry until cooked almost all the way through.
- Combine Chinese peas and mung bean sprouts together with chicken and toss.
- Add the beaten egg and rice noodles, stir until combined well.
- Add sauce, mint, basil and chopped peanuts, toss.
- Serve immediately onto a platter or in a large shallow bowl and garnish with more fresh basil.